As I’m building my toolbox for success I decided I need to make this list. A list of things to do instead of snacking. Hopefully it will grow larger than 10 but let’s just start with that.
- Do quick strength training routine
- Take a walk
- Read a book to my boys
- Go outside and play with the boys
- Write a blog post about weight loss/being healthy
- Read a book or your google reader
- Drink a glass of water
- Paint my fingernails and toes
- Play a game on Android tab
- Write out recipes and organize them
I could keep going but I wanted to share the start of my list and challenge you to make one for yourself. If it helps you may want to put this on your fridge to look at each time you open the door.
Another suggestion that I thought was fun was to make a chart and put a sticker on the chart each time you don’t end up snacking. I’m considering doing this and have a set reward for when I fill up the chart. Maybe something like a new nail polish or lipstick. Or maybe a new kindle book.
I am excited to share this week I have lost a couple pounds so hopefully my plateau is over. We will see!
What do you do when the munchies strike?