Reflection Questions for 2009
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
I had a new baby boy and who can describe the joys of a new child in your life. It is amazing, he is amazing.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
We had a family crisis this year and that’s all I will say on it. But the second most challenging thing was my mother’s illness.
I have never been separated from my family before. We have always lived close by. And then as my mother got to her new home across the country she became gravely ill. It was such a struggle for me, I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t just fly across the country with my two little ones during the flu season. So I made the choice to stay home and correspond with my aunt. This was such a hard choice.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Finding a new church home has been a great blessing this year. We have become members of the church. I have started making close friendships at the church. And I have even gotten to enjoy helping out in the children’s area.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
Being demoted at work to part-time has been a true obstacle but it turned into a blessing. The lack of money has been hard but having the extra time with my boys has been wonderful. And on top of that because I’m part-time my schedule has become more steady which is so much easier on both me and the boys.
5. Pick three words to describe 2009.
Faith, Love, Joy
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2009 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
Boys, struggle, Faith
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2009 (again, without asking).
Struggle, Faith, Boys
8. What were the best books you read this year?
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
TJ, Wendi (my SIL), Andrea (my BF)
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
I’m not pregnant anymore, that’s pretty big. But on a serious note I’ve been working on my relationship with the Lord and have been growing closer to Him.
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I have made a point to take better care of myself. To not rely so much on others for my happiness.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
We have become members of a church, I have been going to Bible study regularly, and have been volunteering at church. I have also been trying to take time each day to read my Bible and pray, to have a quiet time with the Lord.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
Just last month I have started a new diet and have scheduled exercise into my week.
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I have made some great new friendships at church. Which was one of my goals this year. I have been wanting to gain some new christian friends.
15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home?
Lesson time with Zane this year was one of my absolute favorite things this year. Though I don’t if you would count that as home management.
16. What was your most challenging area of home management?
All of home management but most of all housekeeping and laundry.
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Probably surfing online and Facebook.
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Spending time with my boys and TJ. We made a point this year to spend more time together and to have more family time. This was one of the greatest things about this year.
19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
To put God first in your life and all things after.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2009 for you.
God is faithful.