I first made these trying to stuff the tortillas in the muffin pans cups, but then my wonderful husband sent me this picture on google+:
That is how I’m going to make them next time! I can’t wait to try it out so we are having them again right away! I used Mission Artisan Style Ancient Grains Tortillas for our taco salads their nutrition facts are: 100 cal 3 fat 18 carbs 3 protein 3 fiber per shell. That way I hope you can compare your tortillas and count your calories accordingly.
Mini Taco Salads
- 6 ozs lean ground beef
- ½ cup black beans
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ package taco seasoning mix
- 1 egg
- 3 smalls whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 3 Tbs sour cream
- cup shredded cheddar cheese
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F Spray bottom of cupcake pan
- Cook beef and onions in large nonstick skillet until meat is browned; drain. Remove from heat. Stir in black beans, taco seasoning, and egg; mix well.
- Fit tortilla rounds into prepared muffin cups.
- Fill each tortilla cup wit 1/3 meat mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with cheese and cook for an additional 5 minutes if you want cheese melted
- Top each with lettuce, tomato, and sour cream.
[box type="tick" style="rounded" border="full" icon="none"] Servings: 3 Calories: 347 Fat: 15 Carbohydrate: 30 Fiber: 6 Protein: 25[/box]