Have you ever started making a recipe then messed it up so badly that you ended up making a completely new recipe?
Well that happened to me today, but you know what it ended up being a good thing. (I’ve had many not end up so happy.) This is how I cam up with my newest recipe:
Quinoa & Zucchini Frittata
This is a recipe that I created by totally messing up Jackie’s Cheesy Quinoa Zucchini Pancakes
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup zucchini shredded
- 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c shredded mexican blend cheese
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler
- Place quinoa and 1 3/4 cup water in pot.
- Bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or till water is all gone.
- While cooking quinoa: grate the zucchini. Use paper towel or tea towel to wring out moisture.
- Add cheese, flour, egg, cilantro, salt and pepper in a bowl and combine.
- When the quinoa is done add to bowl.
- Spray small oven safe pan with non-stick spray pour in mixture.
- Cook on stove till set – about 3-5 minutes
- Place in broiler for 3-5 minutes or till top is browned and cooked through.
- Enjoy with a spoonful of light ranch or with a greek yogurt dip of your choice.
View recipe at plantoeat.com