Frittata Fridays: Leftovers Frittata
I remember growing up my mom used to make pizza omelettes with our leftover pizza from the night before. It was a great way to be frugal and stretch out a meal, but also it changed the meal enough you didn’t feel like you were eating the same thing again.
This inspired me to create this Leftovers Frittata. You can really use any leftovers for this. I have used leftovers from Noodles N Company, which were an rice noodle dish. I would love to try this with speghetti
We had just one piece of pizza left from my birthday party. Made with whole wheat crust and all veggie it was perfect for a frittata for lunch for me.
I recommend cutting up your leftovers, no matter what they are, into about one inch pieces. I did not add cheese to this frittata as the there was already cheese on the pizza.
I should have poured the egg over the pizza as some of the crust got a little toasty, but I think if I wasn’t distracted by little boys and watched closer this may not have happened also.
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice left over pizza or any other left overs
- 1/4 cup cheese optional
- Preheat broiler, make sure shelf is in top slot
- Spray oven safe skillet with olive oil cooking spray
- Mix eggs and pour into skillet
- Place leftovers onto egg mixture covering as much of the surface as possible
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until egg starts to set
- Take pan and place on top rack in broiler
- Broil till brown on top and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes