My husband has gotten a bad habit of wanting to take us to ice cream every other night after dinner. I decided I need to start adding some healthy dessert alternatives to my recipe book. I’ve always wanted to try frozen bananas, so this is my first dessert recipe!
These are great for after dinner or even for a fun breakfast!
I learned quickly put the sticks in at the end not the beginning. They become loose if you play with them too much, but are tight once frozen. I used Tillamook Light Yogurt for my yogurt of choice. You could also use greek yogurt.
You can use all kinds of toppings. The ones I used were chopped pecans, shredded coconut, and my own toasted quinoa.
My favorite flavor was the shredded coconut!
Make sure that you have enough clearance on your freezer shelf for the bananas and the lollypop sticks.
These would also be fun to serve at a party for a healthy treat.
You can even make a bunch and store them in a freezer bag in your freezer. I loved having the extras to pull out when I was wanting a sweet treat!
- 6 oz yogurt
- 6 bananas
- shredded coconut
- toasted quinoa
- nuts chopped
- lollypop sticks
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Make room in your freezer for cookie sheet, bananas and sticks (probably a full shelf)
- Cover cookie sheet in saran wrap or parchment paper
- Cut bananas into 2 inch pieces
- Stick lolly pop stick into end of banana piece
- Mix peanut butter and yogurt till smooth
- Dip banana into yogurt then into one of the toppings
- Place on cookie sheet
- Repeat with all of you banana pieces
- Freezer for at least a few hours
- Once frozen you can either eat them or transfer them to a freezer bag to enjoy another day
[box type="alert" icon="none"]Servings: 6 | Calories: 123 | Fat: 0 | Carbohydrate: 31 | Fiber: 3 | Protein: 3[/box]
Nutrition doesn’t include toppings calories