I loved the idea of runny yoke all over quinoa. I used to make a egg pasta that was really good, but this is even better. You could eat this for breakfast or lunch!
If you are not a fan of a runny egg you can scramble your egg and then toss it with the salad, I bet that would be yummy also.
I used frozen peas and corn, but I bet this would have been even more amazing with fresh. So if you have a garden go grab out some peas and a corn cob!
This recipe for the quinoa is one of my favorites so far. You could boil use this as a base for any quinoa recipe and you could trade out the rosemary for any of your favorite spices or herbs. You could also pre cook the quinoa and store it in your fridge until you are ready for it.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/4 cup corn
- 4 egg
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the quinoa, cook 2 minutes until toasted.
- Add chicken broth, onion, garlic, and rosemary.
- Bring to a boil, cover with a tight fitting lid, and turn the heat down to simmer
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Add corn and peas, continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes or until stock has been absorbed.
- Fry your egg adding salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve place quinoa into bowl and place egg on top.
[box type="tick" icon="none"]Servings: 2 | Calories: 284 | Fat: 13 | Carbohydrate: 24 | Fiber: 3 | Protein: 17[/box]