Toasted Cardamom Almonds
I purchased a bottle of Cardamom during Christmas to make some amazing cookies and I fell in love with the amazing taste this spice has. I’ve seen great recipes to make cocoa almonds, cinnamon almonds, or even peanut butter almonds. But I thought to myself, what a great way to use this new favorite spice!
As I had people taste testing this for me I learned something new about this spice. It tastes just like Fruity Pebbles cereal. At first I told my husband he was crazy, but then others tasted that too. On my next bag I realized he was right! So now I have a spice I could use to make Fruity Pebbles.
After toasting and cooling off my almonds I split them up into 12 snack size bags which makes almost 100 calorie packs!
Have you heard the news though!? Almonds have been found to contain 20% calories than thought before. You can read about the study at the Greatist.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoon cardamom
- 4 packets sweetner
- Preheat oven 200 degrees and cover cookie sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray
- Mix sweetner and cardamom in a large ziploc bag
- Lightly beat the egg white until frothy but not stiff
- Add the almonds to the egg white and stir until well coated
- Add almonds to ziploc bag and toss to coat evenly
- Spread evenly onto cookie sheet
- Cook for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes