Valentine’s Day is on it’s way, do you know what you are going to serve your sweetheart? How about having a full on chocolate dinner? Chocolate main dish and a chocolate salad.
To start with I created a cocoa dry rub to rub down some plump little chicken tenderloins. This isn’t a sweet dry rub, but spicy. Then I served the chicken with a salad with orange slices and chocolate orange balsamic dressing.
I didn’t serve this to my hubby as he is not a fan of chocolate. But I actually served it at a dinner party I host once a year. I also created a fun little hot cocoa bar to top off the evening.
These recipes do serve a large group, but if you wish you can make up the dry rub or dressing and store it to use up slowly.
- 3 pounds chicken
- 3 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pound chicken flat and trim if needed
- Combine all the spices in bowl
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and rub in spices on both side
- Grill or bake chicken till cooked through
Servings: 12 | Calories: 183 | Fat: 4 | Carbohydrate: 3 | Fiber: 2 | Protein: 34
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 3 oranges sliced
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 4 cups spring greens
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, cocoa, and sugar
- Slice oranges thinly and peel
- Toss greens, top with orange slices and drizzle with a small amount of dressing
- Have extra dressing on the side for others to add more if they wish.
Servings: 12 | Calories: 78 | Fat: 5 | Carbohydrate: 10 | Fiber: 2 | Protein: 1