Frittata Fridays: Ham & Pepper Jack Frittata
I got ham at an amazing price the other day $3.99 for a 3 pound black forest ham. I quickly grabbed up two because I knew I could chop it up for easy frittata use. I am hoping to make up some mini frittatas this week for quick grab and go breakfasts.
As for the cheese in this frittata I quickly grabbed one of my hubby’s favorite cheese sticks and chopped it up. So if you want just a bit of cheese for a small recipe like this don’t be afraid to grab something like a cheese stick to use. Cheese sticks come in a few different flavors are easy to grab and chop up. Plus you don’t have to worry about using up a whole block of cheese really quick.
- 3 ounces ham chopped
- 1 ounce pepper jack
- 2 eggs
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- Preheat broiler, make sure shelf is in top slot
- Beat eggs and mix in cheese and ham
- Pour egg mixture into oven safe pan sprayed with cooking spray
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until egg starts to set
- Broil till brown on top and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes
- Top with green onion
Servings: 1 | Calories: 262 | Fat: 18 | Carbohydrate: 3 | Fiber: 0 | Protein: 8