Green Eggs Frittata – Happy Dr Seuss Day!
Happy Dr Seuss Day!
Isn’t it just perfect that Dr Seuss Day landed on a Friday! Here we are on Frittata Friday and I made this frittata to use for a St Patrick post, but then realized it’s perfect for Dr Seuss Day.
I thought this might be a good way to try and sneak some greens into my boys. Zane didn’t like them – Zarek did, but don’t listen to Zane he doesn’t like kiwis because they are green.
I thought for fun I would interview Zane about Dr Seuss and Green Eggs and Ham since he is just starting to learn to read and is really getting into these books!
Interview with Zane:
What is your favorite Dr Seuss book?
Green Eggs & Ham
Why do you like that book?
Because Sam is so funny because he thinks Cat in the Hat likes green eggs and ham.
Did you try green eggs?
Yeah, but I didn’t like them.
Why do you think it is important to try new things?
Because you might want to know if you like it.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup baby kale or spinach
- 1/4 cup italian cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler, make sure shelf is in top slot
- Blend eggs, kale, and salt & pepper together
- Pour egg mixture into oven safe pan sprayed with cooking spray
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until egg starts to set
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Broil till brown on top and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes
Servings: 2 | Calories: 201 | Fat: 13 | Carbohydrate: 3 | Fiber: 1 | Protein: 18