One of our families favorite recipes, before eating healthier, was baked nachos. But once you start counting calories and looking at carbs, you realize chips are really hard to fit into a low calorie diet.
So nachos have been one of those things that we gave up, until now!
I have been trying to figure out good substitutes for things we have eaten in the past or things I have been craving. Well I have been craving chips. I found out that you can eat a whole bell pepper for less than 50 calories and it fulfills that crunchy savory craving.
But then it came to me why couldn’t you use bell pepper for chips in recipes also. You could serve them with dip at parties or even make baked nachos!
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 can black beans
- 20 mini bell peppers
- 1 cup low fat cheese
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup black olive slices
- Preheat oven to 350
- Slice bell peppers into chip sized servings
- Cook meat with taco seasoning
- Layer peppers, taco meat, and cheese on a cookie sheet
- Heat till cheese is melted about 5-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and tops with tomatoes, yogurt, and black olives
Per Servings: 4 | Calories: 301 | Fat: 10 | Carbohydrate: 19 | Fiber: 6 | Protein: 25