Lenox sent me the beautiful Alice Drew Collage Butterfly Dinnerware to share with you. I was excited because I don’t have lots of beautiful plates and bowls to share my recipes on. So for the next few weeks for Frittata Friday you will get to see all my Frittata Creations on these beautiful plates.
One thing that appealed to me besides the elegant look of the dinnerware was that they are microwave and dishwasher safe! Yay! Great for me as a mom, I don’t have time to remember what can and cannot go in the dishwasher!
Another new thing with Frittata Fridays is I’m going to be introducing sweet frittatas. I don’t know if you would officially call these frittatas as they don’t fit the definition:
Frittata is an egg-based dish similar to an omelette or crustless quiche, enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses, vegetables or pasta. It may be flavored with herbs. – wikipedia
They may be considered more of a Clafoutis:
Clafoutis … is a baked French dessert of black cherries arranged in a buttered dish and covered with a thick flan-like batter. The clafoutis is dusted with powdered sugar and served lukewarm. Wikipedia
But whatever we call them they are still delish!
One of the great additions I did with this sweet frittata was add this amazing yogurt topping. I use plain non fat yogurt and add my flavoring to it because it really saves on sugar and calories. So many of the flavored yogurts have lots of sugar added. Another great addition to this recipe could be some granola sprinkled on top!
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk I used 2%
- 1 tablespoon no calorie sweetner
- dash cinnamon
- 1/4 cup plain non fat greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon no calorie sweetner
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat broiler, make sure shelf is in top slot
- Spray oven safe skillet with cooking spray
- Place berries in pan and warm (I used frozen berries so took about 2 minutes)
- While warming berries mix eggs, milk, tablespoon of sweetner, and dash of cinnamon
- Once berries are warm pour a few into a dish to save for topping
- Pour egg mixture over berries and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until egg starts to set
- Take pan and place on top rack in broiler
- Broil till brown on top and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes
- While frittata is oven mix yogurt, teaspoon of sweetner, vanilla and dash of cinnamon
- Serve frittata with yogurt and reserved berries on top
Amount Per Serving