I found I had quinoa in my pantry the other day while looking for some baking supplies. Score! I have plums I have quinoa that means it’s time to make a salad.
You can make this earlier in the day or even the day before if you like the longer you let it sit the more the flavors mingle.
I have the recipe calories figured out as a side dish, but this would also be a great lunch with a chicken breast. For lunch I would use two servings so double the nutritional facts.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup plums dice
- Heat sesame oil in pan, stir in the quinoa, onion, and garlic cook 2 minutes until toasted.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and turn the heat down to simmer cook for 10 minutes.
- Chill quinoa in fridge for 1/2 an hour
- Toss with plums and vinegar. Serve chilled
[box]Servings 4 | Calories: 82 | Fat: 2 | Carbohydrate: 14 | Fiber: 1 | Protein: 3[/box]