Summer is coming and with that watermelon! Watermelon may be on of my favorite fruits. I mean have you seen my watermelon birthday cake, I think that was my favorite birthday cake ever.
I personally like watermelon sprinkled with a little salt. The salt brings out the sweetness of the watermelon.
I’ve been having fun finding alternatives to bread and tortillas in my other recipes. I saw a pinterest pin showing watermelon as a pizza crust and I loved it.
I started think about what did I have in my fridge and what would taste amazing with watermelon. I have to say I will be definitely adding this to my menu plan for lunch a lot this summer.
The combination of the salty bacon , the creamy goat cheese and the fresh cool watermelon was amazing!
- 1 slice watermelon about one inch thick
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 3 slices bacon
- balsamic vinegar optional
- Cut your watermelon slice into 6 peices
- Dice or crumble bacon and spread on watermelon slice
- Crumble goat cheese on watermelon
- Sprink with balsamic vinegar or a balsamic vinegar reduction
Amount Per Serving