This is a fun and easy dinner to serve, especially if you have guests over. Everyone can dress their own meatloaf just how they like so it works for even the pickiest eaters.
You can cook the meatloaf in the crock pot and when it’s time to serve it up set out the condiments for everyone to dress their own “burger”. It makes a basic meal into something fun and everyone will love it!
One reason I wanted to try making a cheese burger meatloaf is because I always eat my burgers without a bun now. The extra calories in the bun are just not worth it for me. Almost every time I plan burgers now I forget to grab buns for my husband at the store. Now I can make “cheese burgers” and buns are not a problem.
You can also make this meal with lots of different extras. Think about grilling up some onions or mushrooms, slice up and avocado, or put some chopped bacon on the side. Your family and guests can make up their “burger” any way they want!
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup panko or breadcrumbs
- 1 egg divided
- 1 cup low fat cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- dill pickles chopped
- onion chopped
- Mix the ground beef, 1/2 cup cheese, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper, and onion powder.
- Spray crock pot well with cooking spray
- Shape meat into a log and place in crock pot
- Cook on high for 3.5 hours, or on low for 6-7. The meat is done when it is cooked thoroughly and has browned on top and darkened on the edges.
- Pull meatloaf from the crock pot and sprinkle with cheese and let melt (about 3-5 minutes)
- Slice into 6 servings
- Let your family or guests dress their own slices with ketchup, mustard, pickles, and onions
Amount Per Serving