This post is sponsored by Handi Foil. I received a free sample of the product for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own.
Thanksgiving is coming and I’m trying to decide what to bring to our families pot luck. I always like to bring something a little different and something healthy. That way I know that there is at least one option that I know the nutrition and know it fits with what I’m allowed.
Though on holidays I still take a little taste of everything I like. Holidays are special you should not stress and enjoy yourself. But try not to stuff yourself. I actually find that now that I’m more conscious of serving sizes I tend to not over eat at holidays and I can enjoy them a lot more.
This recipe turned out so great I’m excited about bringing it to Thanksgiving. It’s cheesy, it’s bacony, and no one will know it’s low carb and low calorie! The nutrition is for dinner size portions, but you can serve this as a side dish and smaller portions mean lower calories.
- 1 large spahetti squash about 6 cups cooked
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- Cook Spaghetti Squash in microwave and shred
- Mix tomato sauce, garlic, seasoning, bacon and 1/2 the cheese
- Fold sauce into spaghetti squash
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes
Amount Per Serving