Happy belated Cinco De Mayo. I know a day late, but the day got away from me. But I promise you will want to try this recipe! It’s amazing.
No Rice for You!
With my lapband surgery I cannot have rice or if I do rice it has to be a very small amount. So every once in a while I will have the brown rice at Chipolte’s, but if I eat too much I start hurting. So no rice for me!
One of my favorite substitutes to everyday rice is cauliflower rice. Honestly it’s even easier than regular rice. I love doing it in the microwave because I’m all about convenience.
So I decided I should combine the two, Chipolte’s famous cilantro lime rice flavor with cauliflower rice. This is what I created:
- 1 head Cauliflower medium
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 lime juice of
- 1 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Grate cauliflower with food processor or hand grater till resembles rice
- Add butter and cauliflower to microwave safe dish and cover
- Cook for 4 minutes and then let sit in microwave for 5 minutes
- Toss with lime juice and cilantro
Amount Per Serving