Do you have some left over Corned Beef? Then toss it into a frittata! That’s the great versatility of a frittata you can take left overs from one meal and turn it into a completely different meal.
I use a recipe from Food.com for my Corned Beef and Cabbage, of course I do alter a little bit. I do not put the potatoes in as I rarely eat potatoes and with the corned beef I have little room for the extra calories. I also just place the cabbage on top of the meat in the crock pot 1 hour before serving. One less dish to clean and the seasoning of the corned beef blends nicely into the cabbage.
You will notice that my frittata doesn’t have any cabbage – sadly my guests from St Patrick’s Day ate all my cabbage. Oh well it was really, really good. I don’t know if it would have made it to this meal anyways!
- 2 eggs
- 3 ounces corned beef
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- Preheat broiler, make sure shelf is in top slot
- Spray oven safe skillet with olive oil cooking spray
- Chop corned beef and cabbage very finely
- Place in skillet and warm up
- Pour egg mixture over corned beef
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until egg starts to set
- Take pan and place on top rack in broiler
- Broil till brown on top and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes
Servings: 1 | Calories: 271 | Fat: 18 | Carbohydrate: 4 | Fiber: 1 | Protein: 22