I recently had a request for some recipes here on Pepper Scraps, now I’m the first one to admit I’m not the best cook out there. But sometimes I do a good job combining a few flavors and making something yummy. Today it was a very yummy light lunch: Creamy Shrimp Cucumber Sandwiches.
Creamy Shrimp Cucumber Sandwich
- 3 oz cooked frozen shrimp meat
- 1TB light mayo
- 1 TB cocktail sauce
- salt & pepper
- fresh dill
- 5-8 cucumber slices (cut very thin)
- 1TB light cream cheese
- 1 slice bread (my bread was 90 calories/slice)
- Defrost the shrimp. A quick way to do this is to run the shrimp under cool water in a colander (Dry shrimp in a paper towel if you do this).
- Mix shrimp, light mayo, cocktail sauce, and dill in small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the bread
- Spread cream cheese on bread, layer on cucumber slices
- Spoon shrimp mix on top of the cucumbers
Calories: 266 Carbs: 22 Fat: 10 Protein: 22 Fiber:3
If you are not eating bread you can change this recipe to serve the shrimp on the cucumber slices instead if you wish or on salad.