This post brought to you by Handi-Foil. All opinions are my own.
I love baking in my Handi-Foil pans especially for holidays. They are easy with no clean up but also on holidays I can take them to potlucks without having to worry about getting my plate back.
I think I have found my go to Christmas dessert to take to our family meals this year! I have made a Peach & Cardamom Clafoutis in the past but this Double Chocolate Pumpkin Clafoutis is absolutely divine. You would have no idea that a slice of this dessert is just over 110 calories with real sugar and even lower calorie with your favorite low calorie sweetener.
Claflouti or Clafloutis: is a baked French dessert of black cherries (or other fruit) arranged in a buttered dish and covered with a thick flan-like batter. The clafoutis is dusted with powdered sugar and served lukewarm. (via Wikipedia)
I would pick a slice of this over fudge any day. It’s sweet and creamy and rich, but not too rich. If you served this to guests or took it to a potluck people would be surprised to learn that this is actually low calorie.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray pie dish with cooking spray and sprinkle with sweetner
- Blend pumpkin, flour, salt, eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and cocoa powder until smooth
- Pour into pan and sprinkle chocolate chips, they will settle on bottom of pie pan
- Bake the clafoutis 45 to 55 minutes or till no more wiggle in the middle
- Sprinkle with powder sugar
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature
Amount Per Serving