Looking for fun food for a Valentine’s Day party or a cute birthday party treat? These Owl Donuts are cute and so easy to make. They would be great for a shower as well! I’m working on Zarek’s class Valentine’s Day party and I needed something fun for the food.
Zane’s class party for fall we did Turkey Donuts. They actually created them at the school as a food and craft all in one. It was so much fun!
I thought there has to be a way to do that for Valentine’s Day! So I thought of owls and started searching for an example for the moms helping with the party. But I found that no one and created Owl Donuts!
I quickly figured out how I wanted to do them and picked up supplies! When I went to the store I saw that Oreo had put out special Red Velvet Oreos so I grabbed those. Because they are a cream cheese filling they come apart really easy. You could also do this project with any other kind of Oreos if you cannot find the Red Velvet.
- Red Velvet Oreos (regular will work)
- Frosted Donuts (my store had sprinkles on them)
- Conversation Hearts
- Frosting (Optional)
- Open 2 cookies carefully
- Cut one cookie without the creme in half
- Place cookies with creme up as eyes on the donut (use frosting to “glue” cookies if you need to)
- Place whole cookie without creme on the tummy
- Poke 1/2 cookies into the top of the donut above the eyes like ears
- Place 2 M&Ms (I like using the brown) into the creme on the oreos
- Place a conversation heart as the beak (use frosting to “glue” if you wish)