I have been looking for a low carb enchilada recipe, but those tortillas just have too many carbs and calories for me to justify. This low carb Enchilada Chicken was created when I was craving enchiladas and I knew the tortillas would just be too many carbs for my food plan. I decided to make my own recipe with no tortillas involved. Just yummy enchilada sauce, cheese and high protein chicken!
I realized since I didn’t have to worry about the tortillas getting too dry or too soggy I could use the crock pot to create my new recipe. This is the perfect warm, gooey comfort food to curb those cravings you may have for cheese and enchilada sauce even when you are on a low carb diet. Plus it only takes a few minutes to make in the crock pot or slow cooker.
One of the most popular posts on Pepper Scraps is my Enchilada Chicken in the Crock Pot. Honestly it is one of my most popular recipes at home too!
If you have not noticed I have a new passion for video and so I even have shared how I throw this recipe together in one of our daily vlogs on the Pepper Scraps YouTube Channel! (Click here to subscribe!)
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup Low Fat Mexican Cheese
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray
- Place chicken in crock pot
- Mix taco seasoning with the enchilada sauce and pour over the chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4
- Just before serving sprinkle cheese over chicken and let melt
- Place chicken on plate and sprinkle with green onions
Amount Per Servings: 4 | Calories: 231 | Fat: 6 | Carbohydrate: 7 | Fiber: 0 | Protein: 33