One of my most popular recipes is Enchilada Chicken. I love enchilada sauce! It’s so spicy and yummy and filled with so much flavor. A whole can is only 90 calories so it is a healthy choice when cooking!
We could eat Mexican five times a week it is one the favorites for the adults in our family. The boys do not like spicy things, so usually I will make them quesadillas. They are quick and easy.
When serving the meatballs make sure and spoon on some of the yummy enchilada sauce over them! And it only takes about a minute to let the cheese melt on the meatballs.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup panko or breadcrumbs
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 4 tablespoon taco seasoning or one packet
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup low fat mexican cheese
- Mix ground beef, egg, panko, onion, and 2 tablespoon taco seasoning (or 1/2 packet) in bowl.
- Shape 12 meatballs from mixture
- Pour 1/2 the enchilada sauce in bottom of crock pot
- Place meatballs on top of sauce
- Pour remaining sauce on top of meatballs
- Cook on low 6-8 hours
- When serving meatballs spoon a couple tablespoons of enchilada sauce on meatballs and sprinkle with cheese and let melt
Amount Per Serving