Fall is slowly sneaking in and with that means pumpkins, apples, and many more fall treats. I got this bag of apples, but was sorely disappointed in them. But that is alright, that means that they were just meant to be cooked with.
Because the apples were bruised, I chopped up half of the fruit and then just fanned a few of the pieces on top for looks. I think that the apples would have cooked more evenly if I had fanned out all the apple
I wasn’t sure how the sweet, tangy flavor of the apples would be in a frittata but it was great!
- 2 eggs
- 1 small apple cored and peeled
- 1 oz medium cheddar cheese cut in chunks
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler, make sure shelf is in top slot
- Spray oven safe pan with cooking spray
- Mix eggs with a dash of salt and pepper to taste
- Pour egg mixture into pan and add cheese and fan out apples
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until egg starts to set
- Take pan and place on top rack in broiler
- Broil till brown on top and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes
[box]Servings: 1 | Calories: 327 | Fat: 18 | Carbohydrate: 1 | Fiber: 0 | Protein: 19[/box]