I’m loving the versatility of frittatas at the moment.
Pretty much anything you have in your fridge you can add to a frittata – vegetables, cheese, meats, spices, and condiments. The options are endless and this is such a good way of cleaning out your fridge!
You can also serve frittatas for breakfast, dinner or lunch! So if you are stuck on what you want to make grab some eggs and a few things you need to use up from your fridge and create an amazing meal.
I am thinking about featuring a new frittata every week and have Frittata Fridays on Pepper Scraps! I’ve already shared Easy Grilled Asparagus Frittata and a Mexican Frittata. Today I am going to be sharing a yummy Avocado & Cream Cheese Frittata.
- 4 eggs
- 1 small avocado chopped
- 2 ounce light cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- Preheat broiler, make sure shelf is in top slot
- Spray oven safe skillet with olive oil cooking spray
- Chop avocado and cream cheese into 1/2 inch bites
- Mix eggs salt and pepper to taste
- Pour eggs into skillet and add avocado and cream cheese
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until egg starts to set
- Take pan and place on top rack in broiler
- Broil till brown on top and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes
- Slide frittata our of pan and top with salsa
[box type=”alert” icon=”none”]Servings: 2 | Calories: 339 | Fat: 22 | Carbohydrate: 13 | Fiber: 5 | Protein: 15[/box]