Today is just a very simple, simple frittata – a great example that you can use what you have in the fridge to create a great frittata. Sweet potatoes were on sale at a local store this week, so I decided to try them out in a frittata.
I have also recently just added something new to my diet, coconut oil. I had mentioned my research on why coconut oil is considered so good for you even with the added calories. I’m considering switching all my cooking to using small amounts of coconut oil. I’m curious to see how it will work for me as I start working on my weight loss goals again.
- 1/4 small sweet potato peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler & set rack in top slot
- Place coconut oil in oven safe pan and melt
- Saute sweet potatoes till tender, turning as needed
- Mix eggs, parmesan cheese, and salt & pepper
- Pour over potatoes and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes till egg starts to set
- Place into oven on top shelf and broil for 2-3 minutes or till brown on top
[box]Servings: 1 | Calories: 320 | Fat: 22 | Carbohydrate: 9 | Fiber: 1 | Protein: 22[/box]