A coworker brought me some giant zucchini, the one in the picture is the smaller of the two I got. I was thrilled because I knew that would mean I could make my Skinny Zucchini Muffins!
Do you have some run away zucchini’s that you didn’t get picked in time? Don’t worry this recipe is a great way to use them.
I usually make a few batches and freeze the extras. Just pop them into a freezer bag and throw them in the freezer. I keep meaning to be super organized and have one big baking day each month and then make a bag for each week to pull out. But life gets busy and I love spending the weekends with my family.
This recipe makes about 18 muffins which makes these little beauties only 83 calories each. A perfect healthy little snack. This is also the only way I’m able to get my boys to eat anything green!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup zero calorie baking sweetner
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 cups zucchini shredded
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven 400 degrees and grease pan or place muffin papers
- Mix dry ingredients except sugar in small bowl
- Mix wet ingredients and sugar in a large bowl
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix till dry ingredients are just wet (do not over mix)
- Add to muffin pan
- Cook for 15-20 or till toothpick comes out clean
[box]Servings: 18 | Calories: 65 | Fat: 1| Carbohydrate: 17 | Fiber: 2 | Protein: 3[/box]