I got a large bag of green beans from Costco so I’ve been having fun finding ways to cook with them. I think this was my favorite. This frittata turned out beautiful and tasted amazing!
The trick to this frittata is that you first have make sure you get your green beans cooked well enough that they cut easily with a fork but still have some crunch to them. There is nothing worse than soggy green beans. I cooked mine for about 5 minutes – but I do recommend watching those last few minutes to make sure they get the consistency you like.
I think that I’m finding that I love the look of the frittatas if you don’t mix the cheese with egg but sprinkle it on top before putting it under the broiler. It just makes the cheese melt perfectly on the top of the frittata and turns slightly golden.
- 1 1/2 ounces green beans
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 tablespoon feta
- Preheat broiler, make sure shelf is in top slot
- Add coconut oil to hot pan and melt
- Grill green beans for 5 minutes or until start to get slightly soft
- While grilling green beans mix eggs and Italian Seasoning
- Flatten green beans in pan and pour egg mixture over
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until egg starts to set
- Sprinkle Feta on top and place on top rack in broiler
- Broil till brown on top and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242 | Fat: 19 | Sugar: 2 | Carbohydrate: 5 | Fiber: 1 | Protein: 15