While shopping we saw apples being sold out of a truck from a local farmer. Boxes of beautiful Golden Delicious apples for only $12. We bought them up and we ate and we shared with our neighbors. But I still had over 10 apples that got soft (about a month and half later). The boys wouldn’t eat them any longer. Time to start baking. I decided to make Apple Cinnamon Muffins first.
I used to make muffins for the boys all the time and I perfected my healthy muffin base. I use greek yogurt instead of oil and have lowered the sugar content. I have also replaced half of the white flour with whole wheat flour. You can use all whole wheat flour but it will be a very dense muffin.
I don’t usually put a topping on my muffin as it does add calories but I did sprinkle a little brown sugar on top of these just to add a touch more sweetness to them.
These muffins are filled with fiber and are low calorie and delicious, my boys just ate them up.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 cups apples chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 12 teaspoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and grease pan or place muffin papers
- Mix dry ingredients except sugar in small bowl
- Mix wet ingredients and sugar in a large bowl
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix till dry ingredients are just wet (do not over mix)
- Add batter to muffin pan and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of brown sugar onto each muffin
- Cook for 15-20 or till toothpick comes out clean
Amount Per Serving