For my Cookie Swap this Sunday I have made two kinds of cookies. But because I have so much to do for the party and Christmas I decided to make simple and quick cookies. So both cookies I am making are no-bake.
The first cookie I made was a Girl Scout Mint Cookie Copycat. They are quick and easy and yummy! I made these with semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate. I love the white chocolate.
The second cookie I made was Orange Coconut Balls. I made these because I wanted to have something different. And I thought that the orange flavor of these cookies would be a great change.
Girl Scout Mint Cookie Copycat
- Chocolate (I used chips but I’ve heard bark is the best)
- Peppermint Extract
- Ritz Crackers
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave. My bag instructed to heat 1 minute on high.
- Add a few drops of Peppermint Extract
- Stir and heat 30 seconds more.
- Dip crackers one by one
- Place chocolate covered crackers on parchment paper or wax paper
- Place in fridge and chill overnight
Orange Coconut Balls
- 1 box (12oz) Vanilla Wafers, crushed
- 6 oz Orange Juice Concentrate (undiluted)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 7 oz sweetened coconut flakes
- Mix everything but the coconut.
- Roll into bite size balls
- Roll in coconut
- Place in fridge till firm or overnight
Recipe originally found on Recipezaar. These are a very sweet cookie, I’m thinking about trying them with only 4 oz of orange juice next time.
If you would like to find some more Christmas dessert recipes please visit Life as Mom. What’s your favorite Christmas dessert?