The weather is changing and life is getting busy. It is time to bring out the slow cooker. (Do you call it a crock pot or slow cooker?) The Jalapeno Popper Chicken recipe is one of my very first recipes that I created.
As I was trying to make it a second time I realized I needed to update the recipe. The directions on the original were not clear and seemed to even miss a step. I was excited to redo it, it was so great.
When I first did this recipe I did it with fresh jalapeno peppers, which is great, but for convenience I found that using the canned peppers were better. If you are looking to cook more whole foods then you can use fresh jalapenos.
I also served my Roasted Cabbage with this dish, which I love. I really need to share that recipe also, even though it is so easy!
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 package light cream cheese
- 1 can (4oz) diced jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar low fat
- 2 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup panko
- Soften cream cheese in microwave slightly
- Mix diced jalapeno peppers into cream cheese
- Place chicken in crock pot and spoon cream cheese mixture over chicken
- Cook on low for 4 hours
- Mix panko and taco seasoning
- To serve, place chicken on plate and sprinkle with cheddar cheese then panko mixture
- Let chicken sit a minute to let the cheese to melt
Amount Per Serving