Crunchy cheese spicy in every bite. If you like spicy I’m sure you love Jalapeno Poppers, I know I do. But those little fried things just aren’t in my diet any longer. But I’m learning that the flavors I love can be changed and be made healthy!
This recipe was born from a craving for Jalapeno Poppers. I decided to try mixing the same flavors but with chicken to make it protein dense and no deep frying. My husband absolutely loved this recipe and gave me a five star review on it, so I promise it’s definitely worth trying. Plus it’s such an easy crock pot recipe.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 package light cream cheese
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar low fat
- 2 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup panko
- Place chicken, cream cheese, and peppers into crock pot.
- Cook on low for 4 hours
- Mix panko and taco seasoning
- To serve place chicken on plate, sprinkle with cheddar cheese then panko mixture
[box]Servings: 4 | Calories: 306 | Fat: 16 | Carbohydrate: 11 | Fiber: 1 | Protein: 30[/box]