Five reasons I love frittatas:
It’s only $.17 per egg even if you don’t get them on sale or in bulk! Plus using up the items in your fridge will save you money too.
Use up what you have
Have a handful of cheese left, a few mushrooms or some leftovers? Toss them in the pan add your eggs and you have a delicious and healthy meal.
Talking about healthy. Eggs are filled with protein and if you are adding only a minimal amount of cheese and bunch of veggies and a side of fruit you are making a balanced meal.
Yummy & Easy
Okay that really is two things. If you haven’t tried a frittata you really should they are so good. They are like a crispy, cheesy omelet but easier to cook. It only takes five minutes to cook a frittata and if I can make one so can you!
- 1 cup Kale chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan shredded
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler, make sure shelf is in top slot
- Spray oven safe skillet with olive oil cooking spray
- Add kale to pan and let cook down
- While cooking the kale mix eggs, garlic, salt and pepper to taste
- Flatten kale down a bit and pour egg mixture over
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until egg starts to set
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place on top rack in broiler
- Broil till brown on top and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes
Amount Per Serving