Happy Labor Day – I hope your day is going well and you are enjoying a barbecue right now. We had our barbecue yesterday and it was just perfect. Today we are just resting and preparing to go to school!
I created this salad for a barbecue and I loved it. I had just picked up a half flat of blueberries at a local farm and I knew I had to make something with them right away! This is a lighter and sweeter version of a Waldorf Salad. I hope you get a chance to try it for your next barbecue and I hope you enjoy it!
- 3 cups granny smith apples diced
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup grapes cut in half
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
- 6 ounces light vanilla yogurt (I used Tillamook Light Yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 4 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- Toss 1 cup blueberries, apples, grapes, celery and walnuts
- Mix 1 cup blueberries, yogurt, mayo and lemon juice together and blend smooth with blender or hand blender
- Fold yogurt mixture and fruit together
- Serve right away
[box]Servings: 1 | Calories: 101 | Fat: 4 | Carbohydrate: 18 | Fiber: 2 | Protein: 2[/box]
[box]This post was sponsored by Tillamook Cheese, all opinions are my own.[/box]