Deep into autumn the weather is changing and it’s time to start cooking up some yummy warm soups. I love buffalo sauce, the spice and tang, and I thought to myself it would bring wonderful flavor to a soup.
I made my soup a little spicier with 1/2 a cup of buffalo soup, but if you don’t like hot you can use less sauce. The cream cheese does help cut the burn so don’t be afraid of the buffalo sauce.
I boiled my chicken breasts in stock, but this would also be a great recipe to use up leftover chicken. If you add some dark meat to the soup it will raise the calories, but not too much.
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1 8 oz package 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 2 cups boneless chicken breasts cooked (about 1 lb raw)
- In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat
- Saute carrot and celery in butter till tender, about 5 minutes
- Add broth and buffalo sauce, heat to boiling over high heat
- Cut cream cheese into 1 inch cubes
- Reduce heat to medium and add cream cheese
- Stir while bringing back to a simmer
- Blend with hand blender or carefully put into blender and blend till smooth
- Chop chicken into bite sizes and add to soup
- Serve with 1 tablespoon of blue cheese on top
Amount Per Serving