I love Enchilada Sauce! Can’t you tell with my Enchilada Chicken in the Slow Cooker and my Enchilada Meatballs. I think everyone loves Echilada Sauce, those are two of my most popular posts. Well now it is soup season so what came to mind! Enchilada Chicken Soup of course. I saw the limes at the store loving the thought of their fresh, bright flavor added to the soup and yum!!
I actually made up a batch of soup on Sunday and packaged it up in single servings to eat throughout the week for lunch or dinner. This is one of my favorite meal planning tricks for weeks I know I will be too busy to be cooking much.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning or 2-3 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 5 ounces corn frozen
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can tomatoes with chilies
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped optional
- cilantro optional
- Layer chicken, enchilada sauce, onion, taco seasoning, tomatoes with chilies, and corn into slow cooker
- Pour chicken stock over ingredients
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4
- Just before serving shred the chicken or if you prefer chunks pull out the chicken and cut into chunks
- Cook for another 15 minutes to an hour to let the flavors blend into the chicken
- Serve with 1/4 cup cheese, green onions, cilantro and a wedge of lime to be squeezed on top just before eating.
Amount Per Serving