Low Carb Chicken Lasagna is one of my first recipes when I started learning to cook and started sharing my recipes. This recipe turned out great, but I have only had a chance once in a while to make it. I have been loving going through old recipes and remaking them. Some I have had to update and change but the Low Carb Chicken Lasagna was perfect!
Remake Your Favorite Dishes to Fit your New Lifestyle
This recipe is a great example of one of the best lessons I have learned on my journey losing weight. Remake your favorite recipes to fit your new lifestyle! My husband and I loved lasagna but when I went to a no pasta diet we just couldn’t have it. But saying no to your favorite foods is not the best plan. Instead I started reinventing my favorite dishes, so I still got all the flavor but took out the things that just didn’t fit into my diet.
Watch How to Make the Recipe!
While I’ve been able to remake my recipes I’ve been able to video how I make them to give you even more tools on how to make my recipes. They are so easy, I promise, see how easy they really are.
- 2 chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup low fat ricotta
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 T Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup low fat mozzarella
- salt & pepper
- Pound chicken to 1/4 inch thickness and season with salt and pepper
- Mix ricotta, cottage cheese and seasoning
- Pour 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of your crock pot
- Place chicken breast in dish and fill with half of the ricotta mixture. Roll meat around filling. If you need you can hold it closed with a toothpick. Repeat with second breast.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce on chicken
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours
- 10 minutes before serving sprinkle cheese on top and place lid back on crock pot to melt cheese
Amount Per Serving