I was hit with inspiration the other day as I was planning our meals. I have been doing a lot of recipes with soft cheeses stuffed into flattened chicken.
I had some low fat ricotta left over from another recipe and I was trying to think how could I use this up. Lasagna was the first thing that came to mind, but I cannot do pasta.
That’s when I came up with Low Carb Chicken Lasagna!
Low Carb Chicken Lasagna
- 2 chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup low fat ricotta
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 T Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup low fat mozzarella
- salt & pepper
- Pound chicken to 1/4 inch thickness and season with salt and pepper
- Mix ricotta, cottage cheese and seasoning
- Pour 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of your crock pot
- Place chicken breast in dish and fill with half of the ricotta mixture. Roll meat around filling. If you need you can hold it closed with a toothpick. Repeat with second breast.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce on chicken
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours
- 10 minutes before serving sprinkle cheese on top and place lid back on crock pot to melt cheese
Serves: 2 | Calories: 285 | Carbs: 13 | Fat: 8 | Protein: 24 | Fiber: 4
I cooked ours for 8 hours and it was a little dry that’s why I adjusted the timing, if you do make it and find the perfect timing let me know! Oh and yes I used cheddar cheese because I forgot to get mozzarella at the store, still very yummy.
I hope you enjoy my recipes as I’m not a great cook, but am having fun learning how to make healthier meals for me and my family.