I was hit hard with a bad, bad cold (probably the flu) last week, so menu planning was really hard. But sometimes it just takes one ingredient and suddenly you are inspired! This is why I will look through the ads for all the stores in my area even if I’m planning to only go to one. I will look at the items that are on sale and see what inspires me.
This week it was imitation crab! Yep I am addicted to imitation crab, I love it! What is imitation crab? “(A) form of kamaboko, a processed seafood made of finely pulverized white fish flesh (surimi)”. It is very sweet and mild.
I found it on sale for $2.64/lb at a local store and bought some up. One serving (3 ounces) of imitation crab is 87 calories and has 10 grams of protein!
Goals this week:
- Workout 3x this week (light workouts)
- Log Every Calorie for at least 3 days
- First Healthy Mom = Healthy Family Hangout! (YOU ARE INVITED!)
- Wednesday: Eggs in a Basket
- Thursday: Premade Salad
- Friday: Walking Lunch
- Saturday: Premade Salad
- Sunday: Eat Out
- Wednesday: Light Lasagna Soup (Recipe Coming Soon! Don’t miss it!)
- Thursday: Light Lasagna Soup (Recipe Coming Soon! Don’t miss it!)
- Friday: Recipe Experiment = Healthy Crock Pot Orange Chicken
- Saturday: Mexican Meatloaf
- Sunday: (church potluck)
What is that one favorite dinner that you splurge on once in a while? Would you like help figuring out how to make it lighter? Share it in the comments!