I love bite sized food! Something about getting to eat a lot of little things makes me enjoy the food that much more. This recipe was inspired by a bag of turkey pepperoni sitting in my deli drawer. I was staring at it wondering what I could do with it.
I saw somebody using a melon baller to scoop out the stems, but I found it a bit easier to just pull them out. You can try either way and see what works best for you.
I opted to not put pizza sauce in my mushrooms, but if you love pizza sauce then just dab a little in your mushrooms. You could even try a little alfredo sauce if you wanted!
Pile the cheese into the little cups, filling them to the brim! Then top off with the pepperoni slices.
I saved some of the cheese to sprinkle on top. The cheese crisps very nicely on top and makes the little pizza cups look nice.
These would also make a great appetizer for a party or to take to a potluck.
- 16 mushrooms
- 16 slices turkey pepperoni
- 1/4 cup Parmesan & Romano cheese
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees
- Cover cookie sheet with tin foil
- Pull stems out of mushrooms (you can use a small melon baller to do this)
- Place 1 slice of pepperoni on each mushroom
- Sprinkle with any extra cheese
- Bake under broiler for 10 minutes
Amount Per Serving