I made these the other night for dinner as a side dish, my poor husband was so disappointed he is anti anything zucchini. He did give me a nibble. But what was exciting was that my littlest ate his whole serving plus some. He just loved them. Which for me to find a veggie he is excited about is exciting!
I used my handy, dandy Mandoline Slicer (aff link) to slice up my zucchini and I even sliced up extra to just eat raw!
I set up a working station for myself. Setting up my egg, breading, and pan so I could work quickly and easily.
[box type=”info”]Tip: When breading items split your dry breading into at least two batches. You will find if you put it all into a dish at once it will start to clump.[/box]
At first I tried just sprinkling the parmesan on the breaded zucchini from a measuring cup but found that doing by hand made me waste less of the cheese on the bottom of the pan.
Zucchini Parmesan Chips
- 1 zucchini sliced thin
- 1 egg beat
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1/4 cup italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Place wire rack on cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray
- Combine panko, bread crumbs, and garlic powder in a small flat dish and place egg in second dish
- Dip Zucchini in egg then bread crumb mixture place on wire rack
- Sprinkle Parmesan on chips
- Bake for 30 minutes or till crisp and browned.
- Serve imediately
[box type=”tick” border=”full” icon=”none”]Serves: 4 | Calories: 85 | Fat: 3 | Carbohydrate: 10 | Fiber: 1 | Protein: 5[/box]