Just Say No to Food Does Not Work
When you start thinking about eating healthier probably the first thing you think about is all the food you need to eliminate. But that is not the answer to eating healthy. Because I promise if you eliminate a food from your diet all you will think about is that food. Then the next thing you know you will be start to binge on that food item.
The way to learn to eat healthy is to learn how to eat the food you love the right way. The key is find the healthiest option and remembering portion control. If you are craving chocolate, don’t say no, buy some dark chocolate and portion it out.
Healthy Eating with Pasta
I love pasta and always have, so when I started working on losing weight and eating healthier I knew I would have to find good alternatives. I traded out my traditional pasta with whole wheat. I actually did this for our whole family and they love it!
On top of choosing a healthier option I also learned more about good portions with the pasta. Learn what a real portion of pasta looks like. Know what a portion contains for calories, carbs, and protein if you are counting these.
Portion control is one reason I love this recipe, it helps you with portion control by serving the pasta in perfect portions.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 4 ounces whole grain pasta
- 1 cup low fat mozzerella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450
- Cook pasta according to directions
- While pasta is cooking slice top off tomatoes and scoop out flesh
- Salt and pepper the inside of the tomatoes
- When pasta is done toss with pasta sauce, mozzerella, and italian seasoning
- Stuff tomatoes with pasta and cover in parmesan
- Bake for 10-15 minutes watch as they cook