Claflouti or Clafloutis: is a baked French dessert of black cherries (or other fruit) arranged in a buttered dish and covered with a thick flan-like batter. The clafoutis is dusted with powdered sugar and served lukewarm. (via Wikipedia)
A dear friend had brought a bowl full of amazing peaches to a party at my home and left them for me to make something special for the church potluck the next day. I searched and searched for ideas. I wanted something healthy but sweet. But everything I found was basically a variation of a peach crumble which has lots of flour and butter.
But then I found a recipe for a clafouti and I thought how lovely it would look with the peaches fanned out. I also realized that peaches would taste lovely with Cardamom and I do have a bottle of Cardamom I’m trying to use up.
Perfect I had my recipe and it’s even healthy! Even if you eat 2 slices you are under 150 calories and full of protein and low carb. It’s the perfect dessert!
- 2 cups fresh peach slices
- 1/3 cup sugar or sugar substitute*
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk 2%
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 10″ pie dish with cooking spray and sprinkle with sugar.
- Arrange peaches in a pinwheel design and sprinkle with sugar.
- Blend flour, salt, eggs, sugar, milk, and cardamom until smooth. Pour over the top of the peaches.
- Bake the clafouti until puffed and golden, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
*nutrition facts with no calorie granulated sugar substitute
[box]Servings: 12 | Calories: 64 | Fat: 2 | Carbohydrate: 8 | Fiber: 1 | Protein: 3[/box]