Cooking for just one just got a little easier. I got myself a mini crock pot so that I can make dinner for one on the days that TJ is going to school in the evenings. I actually made this recipe for one in the little crock pot and it worked great.
I took the extra sauce and separated it out into individual bags for when I make this recipe again. The sauce freezes wonderfully! This would be a great recipe to make up on a weekend and have in the freezer for later that week or month.
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 can peaches lite
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Drain the peaches blend till smooth, I used my hand blender
- Add spices and blend together
- Place chicken in crock pot
- Pour peach mixture covering the chicken
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours
[box]Servings: 4 | Calories: 171 | Fat: 3 | Carbohydrate: 15 | Fiber: 1 | Protein: 23[/box]