I’ve made this recipe a few times but just realized I hadn’t shared the recipe with you! I love it because it’s so easy to put together and my husband and I love the flavor. You can serve the chicken by itself or serve it on a bed of greens for an awesome salad.
This recipe would be a great freezer meal. Just mix the sauce and put everything, sauce and chicken, in a freezer bag and freeze. You can pull it out when you need a quick meal and drop in the crock pot. You will want to add a bit extra time for cooking if you are going straight from the freezer, but not much.
You may notice that you don’t use a full can of coconut milk in the recipe. If you don’t use coconut milk often you may want double or triple the recipe and then freeze the extra servings for later. If you need to save on space in your freezer you could even just freeze the extra sauce in quart bags to use later. Place chicken in the crock pot and place sauce on top and cook.
- 1 pounds Chicken Breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2/3 cup light Coconut Milk
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Pepper & Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
- Place coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, & spices in blender and blend till smooth.
- Place chicken in crock pot and pour over sauce.
- Cook 4 hours low
- Before serving stir to mix sauce well
Amount Per Serving