Looking for a bright and healthy salad to take to a Christmas potluck? This salad is not only festive but super healthy too! Filled with fiber and antioxidants but also low calorie.
How to Blanch Broccoli
One trick I have learned as I have learned to cook is that I love blanching my broccoli for broccoli salads. You only do it for a few seconds but it makes the broccoli more tender and brighter looking.
To blanch your broccoli you will need a pot of water and a bowl of ice water. Bring the pot of water to boil and drop your chopped broccoli in for about 30-60 seconds. If you like crisp broccoli do it only for 30 seconds if you want the broccoli more tender do it for a minute. Then dip it into the ice water to stop the cooking process.
- 3 cups broccoli florets, blanch for 30 seconds
- 1 medium pomegranate
- 1/4 cup Kraft light mayo
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- Remove seeds from pomegranate
- Whip mayo and balsamic vinegar together
- Fold together broccoli, pomegranate seeds and dressing
- Sprinkle pistachio seeds on top just before serving
Amount Per Serving