Happy National Doughnut Day! When I saw today was National Doughnut Day I knew I needed to cross off pumpkin doughnuts off of my recipe list for the month!
These moist little baked nuggets are good for you and good tasting! They are only 17 calories each with 1 gram of protein in each doughnut!
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sweetner no calorie
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Mix flours, protein powder and baking powder in large bowl.
- In small bowl mix eggs, pumpkin, sweetner, and greek yogurt till smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix
- Pipe batter into donut pan. Hint: I used a sandwich bag and cut corner off bag.
- Bake for 4 minutes – do not overcook or will become dry.
- Cool donuts and then place donuts in a ziploc bag with powdered sugar and shake to cover. (eat right away or sugar with become more of a glaze)
- Serving = 3 donuts
- Makes 36 mini muffins
[box]Servings: 12 | Calories: 52 | Fat: 2 | Carbohydrate: 6 | Fiber: 1 | Protein: 4[/box]