Hummus is hard for me, I love it but the protein and carb ratio is hard for me to eat it. I know it’s good carbs so every often I will have some. Then I had an epiphany why not add plain protein powder into the hummus and up the protein in this great snack.
I also just recently started using veggies to replace chips in my favorite dishes. You might remember the Baked Pepper Nachos I made recently. So now I can have a great dip to eat with pepper “chips” or now I’m loving snow pea “chips”.
This is a very basic recipe, but you could really spice it up. You could add roasted red peppers, more garlic, more spices, or anything else to make your own version. This recipe would be great for a lunch, side dish, or just a snack!
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 scoop protein powder plain (I use Designer Whey)
- Drain garbanzo beans, reserve liquid
- Add garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, paprika and cumin into food processor
- Process till smooth add some of the reserved garbanzo liquid if needed
- Add protein powder and process till mixed in.
- Optional Toppings: cucumber, olives, feta cheese (not calculated in nutrition)
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 179 | Fat: 7 | Carbohydrate: 18 | Fiber: 6 | Protein: 13