Pumpkins are in the store and canned pumpkin is on the shelves and on sale. And of course I had to grab up a few cans of this wonderful tasty, healthy ingredient!
I also grabbed my muffin tins that I used for my Mini Monster Eye Meatballs that I received from Handi Foil! I used the little paper cups that came with the muffin tin and I was able to cook all the muffins at one time.
This muffin is not a super sweet muffin. I wanted something that was warm and pumpkiny, but not with the tons of sugar you get in most muffins. I didn’t even add sugar to the cream cheese! I wanted that tangy contrast with the muffin.
If you would prefer a sweeter treat double the sugar and add sugar to the cream cheese to make it more like a frosting.
These lovely little treats have less than 80 calories each and will warm you on these chilly fall days that are coming our way. I hope you enjoy!!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar or sugar substitute*
- 2 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 18 teaspoons low fat cream cheese
- Preheat oven 400 degrees and grease pan or place muffin papers
- Mix dry ingredients except sugar in small bowl
- Mix wet ingredients and sugar in a large bowl
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix till dry ingredients are just wet (do not over mix)
- Add to muffin pan and drop
- Cook for 15-20 or till toothpick comes out clean
*Nutrition facts are with no calorie sugar substitute
[box]Servings 18 | Calories: 79 | Fat: 2 | Carbohydrate: 12 | Fiber: 1 | Protein: 4[/box]
This post was sponsored by Handi Foil, all opinions are my own.